TMK Stairways Ltd is a family owned and operated business established in 1993, with over 30 years experience in the industry.
We specialise in the manufacture of purpose made staircases in our own workshop by highly skilled joiners. Our services comprise of the supply of staircases including all balustrade and fittings. We offer free estimates, site measures* and specialist design advice and assistance. A full fitting service is available. All commercial and domestic work is undertaken. * Site visits are subject to availability.
• Specialists in loft staircases.
• Manufacture of quality staircases.
• Over 30 of years experience.
• Complete staircases available in a wide range of timber.
• Re-furbishment of existing staircases.
• Wide range of balustrade available.
• Fast and efficient fitting service.
• Prices start from just £320.00 + VAT.
- Building regulations state that a domestic staircase should be no steeper that 42 degrees. A domestic or private stair means it is intended to be used for only one dwelling. If staircase is communal it has to comply to different regulations.
- Winders are tapered treads. Their purpose is for when a change of direction is required within a staircase. This can be achieved with winders, so as you turn a corner you are also climbing. The main advantage of winders is that that complete staircase takes up less room than a flight with flat quarter turn landings.
- Building regulations state that a 100m sphere must not pass anywhere through the staircase guarding.
- Yes, however the gaps between the risers have to be closed somehow, either with a small stub riser or a bar. This is because building regs state that a 100mm sphere cannot pass through any part of the staircase.
TMK Stairways Limited
Unit G1, Chadwell Heath Industrial Park
Essex, RM8 1SL
- Telephone: 0208 599 2838
- Faximillie: 0208 599 6560